Car Advice & Tips
Mon Motors are here to make sure that you and your vehicle are safe on the roads and our team are
always on hand to help with any queries you may have. We believe that it is important that your
vehicle is maintained throughout its life and is kept in top condition to help avoid breakdowns and to
increase your safety while on the roads.
Breakdowns are inconvenient and can be costly, but can be easily avoided. You can help steer clear
of breakdowns by maintaining your vehicle in-between services to keep it in excellent working
condition. When you own a vehicle you have a responsibility to keep your car road worthy and legal.
Mon Motors have put together some helpful information and tips to assist you in the maintenance
of your vehicle from home:
- Tyres – the UK law requires a minimum of 1.6mm tread depth across the central ¾ of tread
around the complete circumference of the tyre. A regular check can help you avoid a heavy
fine and 3 penalty points, per tyre
- Brakes – you can check your brake discs and pads by looking at them for wear and tear, but
to get a professional opinion you can bring your vehicle to your closest Mon Motors centre.
We are happy to assist!
- Lights – you should regularly check all your lights on your vehicle for visibility in the dark or
poor weather conditions and also to make sure your vehicle is visible to other road users
- Windscreen – you should check your vehicles windscreen for any cracks or chips as this may
result in a failed MOT. If you do not get chips or cracks repaired quickly they can lead to a
large crack which is costly to fix or replace your windscreen
- Windscreen wipers and washers should be checked to make sure you have good visibility in
all weather conditions
- Fluid levels – you should check all your fluid levels frequently including your oil, brake fluid,
water, steering fluid etc. You should never let them drop below the minimum mark as low
levels can cause severe issues with your vehicle
Mon Motors has put together some other informative guides to help you with:
- Greener Driving
- Safer Driving
- Driving Abroad
- Car Finance Options
- UK Number Plates
- Learning to Drive
- Getting insurance and Saving Money
We hope to answer all your questions with our informative guides but if you have any other queries
you can contact us or visit one of your closest Mon Motors centres.