Due to continual growth we are looking to recruit the new position of Apprentice Panel Technician at our Mon House site.
What does a Vehicle Body Technician do?
Vehicle Body Technicians (also known as Panel Technicians) specialise in repairing or replacing damaged panels on our customer’s vehicles.
Over the course of the apprenticeship you will develop the skills to prepare a vehicle for a Paint Technician by repairing, replacing and preparing accident damaged body panels utilising special tools and procedures to Volkswagen Group standards.
Daily duties will vary according to location and may include:
• Assessing the level of damage to a vehicle and choosing to either repair or replace panels
• Removing damaged panels
• Repairing damaged chassis and panels
• Keeping logs of work carried out and informing customers of any additional works
• Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
• Using sophisticated diagnostic equipment to determine correct alignment of the vehicles structure
An outstanding Vehicle Body Technician
To be an outstanding Vehicle Body Technician Apprentice, you will need the right qualifications to start you on your learner journey. For the Volkswagen Group Paint and Body Programme this is a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English, Maths and Science at Grade 9 - 4 (A - C).
Our ideal Vehicle Body Technician will have an eye for detail and perfection with the passion to deliver excellent service for our customers.
If you can meet these requirements and believe in the brand values of Volkswagen Group, you can stand out against the competition to become an outstanding apprentice.
Top Benefits of an Apprenticeship
• A chance to earn while you learn
• No tuition fees or extra debt
• Nationally recognised qualifications
• Volkswagen Group Paint and Body specific certifications
• Work experience with a reputable employer
• Training in the skills that you need for your job role
• Support throughout your learner journey
• The opportunity to develop both personally and professionally
• Great new experiences and new people
• The first step on your career