TPS Van Sales Driver
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Van Sales Driver to join our growing TPS business.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the TPS Van Sales Driver is responsible for the delivery and collection of parts in a timely and efficient manner. The role carries the responsibility for providing an exceptional customer experience and meeting van sales targets.
Key activities will include:
• Ensure all parts on the invoice are loaded efficiently and effectively onto the delivery van
• Gain authorised signatures and printed names from customers for all parts delivered and ensure that receipts or payments are received for all parts delivered
• Drive in a safe and courteous manner within the law, at all times ensuring that the Driver Behaviour guidelines are followed
• Return cash credits to customers in line with current process
• Ensure the highest levels of customer service is provided through a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive and efficient van delivery service
• As the face of TPS, maintain a professional and smart appearance at all times (including the delivery vehicle)
• Check that all parts delivered match with the customer invoice
• Plan the most direct routes to meet customer requirements, taking into account delivery reference and customer prioritisation
• Achieve own sales targets through building excellent customer relationships
• Keep up to date with current and future promotional campaigns and offers and share marketing messages/promotions with customers on delivery route
Systems and processes
• Ensure compliance with business standards and processes, financial, legal and ethical guidelines, and HSE guidelines
• Handle all cash, cheque payments securely and in line with the cash handling policy
• Ensure that vans are maintained in a clean and roadworthy condition before each delivery run
In order to be successful for the Van Sales Driver position, you must:
• Hold a current and full clean driving licence
• Have experience of selling through building strong customer relationships
• Be able to lift and carry heavy items
• Have an honest disposition due to cash handling responsibilities
• Be methodical and pay attention to detail
• Be computer literature
Skills you will require:
• Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with all key stakeholders
• Ability to provide an exceptional customer service experience
• Able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
• Knowledge of the local area
What we can offer you:
• A genuine platform for you to develop your career and skills through our industry leading training and development programmes.
• A Volkswagen Group induction programme that provides you all of the knowledge for you to excel in the workplace
• An honest and trustworthy place of work with an opportunity to join an exceptionally knowledgeable team of industry professionals
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
FORMER APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.
As part of the Volkswagen Group along with Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles, we are a national network of TPS Centres. We have a 1,500-strong national workforce with a management team that prides itself on creating an environment that allows our people to excel.
For TPS, Genuine Parts are just as important as Genuine People. Our knowledgeable team build lasting relationships with our customers by helping them find genuine Volkswagen Group Parts that fit first time, every time. We provide an on demand delivery service, on-going offers and promotions and service that our customers trust.
Nationally launched as a new brand concept in 2006, TPS has experienced rapid and consistent results in the number of TPS Centres opened and financial growth. The customer service we provide is market leading - with 9 out of 10 customers saying we are easy to do business with.