TPS Warehouse Operative (with Logistic Experience)
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Warehouse Operative (with Logistic Experience) to join our growing TPS business.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the TPS Warehouse Operative is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective control of inbound and outbound warehouse parts stock whilst supporting the provision of an excellent service to Customers.
Key activities will include:
• Check all incoming stock deliveries against pack notes and ensure all parts have a parts number
• Advise on any discrepancies promptly; marking paperwork accordingly
• Check for damages on incoming parts orders and record any issues
• Identify and place inbound parts into the correct locations (stock items, customer orders etc.)
• Pick customer orders quickly and accurately to make ready for dispatch
• Ensure that authorised signatures, receipts or payments are received for all parts issued over the trade counter
• Adhere to First In, First Out (FIFO)stock control management processes
• Maintain stock securely and in good condition
• Assist the Warehouse Supervisor with regular perpetual stock checks to ensure that the physical stock agrees with the computerised inventory
• Ensure faster moving parts are located in a convenient location to improve picking efficiency
• Provide the highest levels of customer service by picking parts accurately and assembling for the customer delivery runs
• Where applicable, ensure that trade customers that visit the TPS Centre are dealt with efficiently and quickly
Systems and processes
• Adhere to health and safety regulations at all times (particularly manual handling practices)
• Follow and comply with established business processes and guidelines (including warranty)
• Deal with exchange units appropriately and process returns swiftly
• Complete all required documentation accurately and promptly
• Utilise and update all systems effectively to carry out allotted tasks
In order to be successful for the Warehouse Operative position, you must:
• Have experience in a parts or distribution operation involving inventory control, goods inwards and order picking
• Be passionate about the automotive industry
• Have proven experience of providing great customer service
• Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and an honest disposition
• Be able to lift and carry heavy items
Skills you will require:
• Computer literate – able to use appropriate systems and software (e.g. Excel)
• Ability to work in a small team, as well using own initiative
• Ability to record information accurately and legibly
• A methodical approach and pay attention to detail
• Good communication skills – verbal and written
What we can offer you:
• A genuine platform for you to develop your career and skills through our industry leading training and development programmes.
• A Volkswagen Group induction programme that provides you all of the knowledge for you to excel in the workplace
• An honest and trustworthy place of work with an opportunity to join an exceptionally knowledgeable team of industry professionals
As part of the Volkswagen Group along with Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles, we are a national network of TPS Centres. We have a 1,500-strong national workforce with a management team that prides itself on creating an environment that allows our people to excel.
For TPS, Genuine Parts are just as important as Genuine People. Our knowledgeable team build lasting relationships with our customers by helping them find genuine Volkswagen Group Parts that fit first time, every time. We provide an on demand delivery service, on-going offers and promotions and service that our customers trust.
Nationally launched as a new brand concept in 2006, TPS has experienced rapid and consistent results in the number of TPS Centres opened and financial growth. The customer service we provide is market leading - with 9 out of 10 customers saying we are easy to do business with.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY